Friday, August 1, 2008

So far the news is not good

Even though Ava seems to be feeling some better, her SED rate (an indicator of inflammation in the body) is up today to 40 from 28 on Wednesday (a normal range is around 10). They've sent a CRP test to the hospital (a more sensitive marker of inflammation) and we should have those results by mid-afternoon at the latest. Her CRP score on Wednesday was 11 (normal is below .8). Thank you for your prayers. She is resting now. Also, Henry developed a fever yesterday (though no rash or similar symptoms). Thank you for your prayers. Please especially pray for the wisdom of the doctors. Our pediatrician is a very wise, Christian man and I trust his intuition greatly.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

Thanks for keeping us up-dated! Poor sick, sweet Ava. I hope she gets some good rest (and Mommy and Daddy too!) and I will keep praying!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all of you - hang in there! jen schmidt

rgsaceda said...

We have little Ava in our daily prayers. Hugs to Henry and the newbie on the way!!