Is it just me or does Henry look like the spitting image of his father in this picture???
Thursday, August 14, 2008
The Little Things
Generally I think of myself as a person who appreciates the little things, but there is something about facing a chronic health issue that magnifies everything. I am a believer (I think C.S. Lewis said it best but I can't think of the exact quote) that in your greatest joy you also are close to your greatest pain. In those moments you realize just how blessed you are and that things being different are not so far away. I was feeling like that watching the kids at the dinner table tonight. I guess that's why I found myself tearing up as I was laughing with them. Ava is at least 90% and is generally back to her normal self. She was feeding Henry grapes faster than he could chew them and they were both cracking up with laughter (as Henry was trying not to spit grapes all over the table). A little thing, but it seemed huge. I so welcomed the normalcy, the laughter, the innocence and true enjoyment of one another. We are so blessed. I will enjoy each day--even what seems difficult--because I am so glad to have these children in our lives.


Is it just me or does Henry look like the spitting image of his father in this picture???
Is it just me or does Henry look like the spitting image of his father in this picture???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great to see Ava smiling again!
This post brought tears to my eyes. Libby, you are such a great Mom, and I know you find such joy in the little day to day things. I am so relieved you can get back to just loving on your kids and put some of these horrible worries behind you!
Post a Comment