Friday, August 1, 2008

Where we stand

We are on Day 7 of a 10 day treatment window for Kawasaki's Disease. They ruled out another virus this afternoon but are still hesitant to treat her. Once a child is treated for Kawasaki's Disease they carry that label with them their entire life which can make it difficult to get insurance etc. We are headed up to Emanuel Children's Hospital for a 1 pm appointment with an Infectious Disease Specialist. He will run some more tests and most likely make the decision of whether or not to treat tomorrow. (Note: I have thought they would make that decision the past two days and they haven't so anything is possible). Ava seems as good as yesterday (no worse, no better) but she is fairly irritable/tender about the most basic things not going her way (even more so than her usual two year old self). Again, thank you all for your support and prayers. I means more to us than you know. We'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

Bill and Jenn said...

Hey Libbs-
Can't believe I've resorted to commenting on your blog for an Ava update, but my cell phone is somewhat suspect now... We're in Lake Tahoe. Hoping you post soon with more news....
LOVED seeing you and Henry. Wish circumstances could have been different. We'll have to do it again...soon!
Love you guys-- praying for you!
p.s.- remind me to tell you a funny young life story next time we talk!