Thursday, July 31, 2008
A turn for the worse...
Miss Ava seemed to be making some improvement on Tuesday (especially after a dose of Motrin) but Wednesday morning she took a turn for the worse. She was exhausted, miserable and developed some strange symptoms. By noon I was beginning to get frantic as her symptoms seem to closely resemble those of Kawasaki Disease. She had just been to see the pediatrician on Tuesday for her 2 year well (or in her case not so well) baby visit. He thought she had Fifths Disease which is potentially dangerous to a fetus in utero. By Wednesday, however, it was clear that she has something else. We arrived at the doctor's office at 3 pm. After looking at her, our doctor was quite certain that she did in fact have Kawasaki's (the leading cause of heart disease in children). He was just waiting on the labs to confirm. She had one lab that did confirm and one that was too low for him be be sure. They drew blood (again) and tested her for Adenovirus. We got those labs back this morning and they were sky high (not good), but she seemed better. So we've sat and waited all day (it was our doctor's day off) and she did not develop a fever again until this evening. So we'll head to the doctor again in the morning so they can make a final decision about whether or not to treat her (12 hour IV--overnight hospital stay). Please pray for her recovery. It has been so hard to see our sweet girl so miserable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no, Libby!! I am so sorry! I have been praying for you guys, but I will be able to pray even more specifically now. I hope you get good news today and do not have to head to the hospital! Keep us posted!
Carl and Libby, is there any pain worse than seeing your child suffer?! I will be praying for Ava's restoration and for peace for you both. With love, Linda
Post a Comment