Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Birthday Girl

Ava's 2nd birthday was today! We had a great day. We had our annual breakfast at The Pancake House with Gigi and Papa, took a trip to the carousel, made souvenir pennies and went out for gelato. It was a great day to celebrate an amazing girl! Some Ava-isms: 'Do Mickey puzzle?' (her favorite activity of late), 'Up..eee' (her version of Up, Please), 'All by self', and 'Hi! What doing Daddy?' One of my favorite parts of the day is tucking her in. She mouths the lullabies I sing her and then repeats my 'I love you. Sweet dreams. See you in the morning'. She loves her brother and he is taking on the role of watchman and protector of his sister (so wonderful to see). She is a precious child of God and we are grateful for her.


Early morning present opening


Breakfast with Gigi and Papa


I love horses!


Fun park time afterward

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Happy, HAPPY, H.A.P.P.Y. Birthday to Ava!