Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rehearsal and wedding

Our precious Leah (former student of mine who lived with us in 2006-2007) married Andrew Herr this past Friday. The wedding was at her uncle's home about 10 minutes east of Salem. Ava was the flower girl and Henry, the ring bearer. The kids were stellar and quiet through the entire ceremony (a miracle unto itself)! Carl and I were privileged enough to stand in as her parents for seating purposes (so we had great seats!) and the morning of I put together the reception table flowers and arrangements for the altar (thankfully they turned out ok--I really wanted them to be great!) We are so thrilled for Andrew and Leah and know that they will have a beautiful life together! Here are a few photos from the rehearsal and wedding.



The rehearsal--what a beautiful setting...


Practicing the ceremony


Henry chasing chickens


...and more chickens


A sweet moment with Andrew and Ava



The quintessential tree swing. Henry couldn't get enough and Ava loved watching the branches above.


Henry pushing Ava



She loves it!



Henry, the poster boy for Coke, as we helped him find an enjoyable way to stay up late. He was a dancing machine!


The reception flowers



The beautiful, happy couple

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

How gorgeous and what fun! I love the b&w of Ava on the swing. Beautiful shot!