Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Sentimental moments
Bev and Bruce brought back a clock from Grandpa Ray (Carl's grandfather who passed away April 4th). Henry got to see Ray several times the past couple of years and remembers the man--with a twinkle in his eye and a warm word for everyone--very fondly. I have done my best to explain death and eternal life in heaven to a four year old and he seems to grasp it as well as can be expected (though he is perplexed that there are no phones in heaven). I gave Henry his clock today and his initial reaction was amazing. He was both touched and humbled (which are profound emotions for this four year old). I don't know how else to describe his face. I was so struck that I decided to catch a couple of photos. Henry has found a special place for his clock on his table. Henry loved clocks from early on (in fact his second word after dada was tick-tock) and really they were his first love before cars. Thank you Grandpa Ray (and Bev and Bruce)! We love you!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment