If you haven't had a good laugh in awhile then sit down, buckle up, and get ready.
Carl brought the kids a bubble machine from one of his trips. It is really fun--blows bubbles inside bubbles, the bubbles last a LONG time, etc. The only downside is that the refill bubbles are $10/can (which lasts us about 2 weeks in high bubble season).
So on Sunday we all took naps. Carl, not being a very good napper, woke before me and I continued to snooze. I was awoken by two clamoring children and a husband who was set on making his own bubble solution (instead of having to buy the expensive stuff). In my grogginess he is commenting to me about the vast 'bubbling community' on the internet. Henry is ready and willing to be his sidekick. I sort of wave them out the door and away they go to Walgreens to get their ingredients. The items on their list? Get ready for this.
1. Dawn dishwashing liquid
2. Glycerine
And the secret ingredient?
3. KY Jelly
Are you kidding me? There is something so wrong to me about our children playing with bubbles made with KY Jelly.
But off they go and they return a mere 15 minutes later (the Walgreens is not too far away). Carl notes some challenges in their ability to successfully complete their shopping list. The Dawn was not a problem and was pretty inexpensive. He was, however, mortally embarrassed and uncomfortable sitting in the KY Jelly aisle with Henry as that is also where all the condoms are on display and Lord knows Henry has an inquisitive mind. So he hastily grabbed one and headed to check out.
Lastly, they did not have glycerine in a bottle so he opted for a box of----suppositories. That's right folks, suppositories.
Imagine this picture. Henry at the kitchen table shooting a box full of suppository goo into a giant blue bowl of Dawn and water. I was speechless at this point.
So now our bubble solution is not only laced with KY Jelly, it also has a box of suppositories in it. DISGUSTING.
May I also note that the bill at Walgreens was $22.83 (make that more than 2 of the cans of good bubble solution from Target) and we were not done yet because there was not enough glycerine in the suppositories to meet the recipe. So we headed to our natural foods store where they actually had a bottle of glycerine (another $8).
Even more hilarious? The solution hardly works because in his haste at the KY Jelly aisle, Carl grabbed a KY Jelly oil which obviously must not have the same properties. I can't say I wasn't a little bit relieved. We live and learn....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I can just picture it! How funny!
Post a Comment