Saturday, April 19, 2008

A snowy rendezvous

Carl and I took a spur of the moment rendezvous to Portland this weekend. On a special mission from Nathan, we spent the afternoon doing some research (for his company) and in return were treated to a FABULOUS dinner and hotel stay. We actually stayed at the same hotel where we spent our wedding night (and hadn't returned to since). It was fantastic. We especially relished the morning where we could just lay in bed--no one insisting that we get up or needing to be retrieved from their crib. Nana came and stayed with Henry and Ava and all was well here on the home front. It was glorious--a welcome retreat. The snowy part comes in the ridiculous cold front that hit Oregon. It snowed, hailed, and blew all weekend and the cold front is to continue all week. Brrr!



A self-portrait after an afternoon of research....not the best, but only my sister has mastered digital self-portraits!



Oh so tourist of me...I couldn't help myself. This was my entree at dinner. The best fish I've ever had. Halibut with sauteed leeks and fennel. Carl was so embarrassed that he dissuaded me from having the waitress take a photo of us!

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

What a fun overnight date! Good for y'all! Your dinner looked so delish! I am glad you included a pic of it!