Saturday, April 26, 2008

Uncle Bobby breaks in a new decade




We had the privilege of hosting Robert's 30th birthday family shindig (because Nana has contracted the very bad flu going around). The weather was beautiful and the vegan cuisine was divine! I even baked a vegan cake from scratch (a daring move given my past mishaps) which was quite tasty (and great as I'll need to be making one for Ava's birthday this year for sure). Let me note (lest I forget) that Henry sang Happy Birthday in his own SPECIAL language--some hybrid of German and Hebrew--it was hilarious. We ate, blew bubbles (lots and lots of bubbles), and really enjoyed our company. Post-party the brothers took a bike ride out to the old family farm.

Uncle Robert is so special and we are blessed to have him in our family (his doting niece and nephew agree wholeheartedly). Here's to you Bobby!





Ava with her party blower and hair in her eyes (a common occurence when she removes her clip--which she does often)



The celebration crew



Henry, the present deliverer (and partial opener--sorry Robert!)


Big time bubble man



Ava cracking a smile after making us all roar with laughter with her fake scowl (I'll try and capture it fully in the coming weeks)



The kids and I babysat Bella, Robert's dog, while the boys went on their ride. Ava really loved the 'goggy'.




The boys in all their biking glory

No comments: