(again, my apologies for the turned photo, but isn't she darling!)
I was graced with the opportunity to fly (by myself, that's right, by myself--I know it's hard to believe, even for me) to St. Louis this past weekend for Charlotte King's baptism. Carl and I are honored to be her godparents and I was the family representative! Charlotte is a beautiful and very good natured baby. It was so fun to meet her (see is almost 6 months old!) and to see Cabrini, Tom, Nicholas and the rest of the family that gathered for the weekend. The plane ride was like an out-of-body experience for me. It has been about 5 years since I've flown on a plane without children. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I soaked in the relaxation and read The Kite Runner and half of The Memory Keeper's Daughter--more reading than I've done in months! Tom and Cabrini have a charming home, were great hosts, and the weather was perfect! It was a wonderful weekend (plus I got to go on a special walk with Grandpa B--what an honor as a married-in grandchild).
Cabrini and Nicholas (he was a bit under the weather this day)
Charlotte listening intently to Grandpa B and being held by her Grandma King
The baptism (what a wonderful day!) Their deacon performed the baptism and he was a wonderful, warm man who has six children of his own!
1 comment:
What a beautiful baby Charlotte is! I am so glad you had a relaxing time.
Post a Comment