When we were getting ready this morning, Henry asked if we could go to church. Wheew. The notion of hurrying around in time to take my children to church on a Thursday morning was a bit dizzying (it starts at 8 am and is 20 min. across town). However, I want to encourage their desires toward God and so we scarfed down breakfast and headed out the door. One of the many things I love about the Catholic Church is daily Mass. It has always made sense to my soul that we would have the opportunity to worship together each day and to realize our need for God as a community as well as individually. At our church daily Mass is usually held in the chapel which is very cozy (not a great place for kids to be loud or run around).
We went. The kids were great. We also had the pleasure of having Lulu be our Eucharistic Minister. What a treat! It was a great way to focus on what is truly important in life and eternity and I am grateful my Henry encouraged us to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment