Henry has a pet, a praying mantis, whom he named Prancis. Prancis is my kind of pet. He requires only a spritzing with water, several grasshoppers a week and a new habitat every 10 days or so. Even I have to admit that it is fascinating to watch him catch and eat a grasshopper (which is about 1/3 his size!). Recently we found another praying mantis at our new house (Henry has named him Prancis 2) and they've each got their own little habitat. The grasshopper population is dwindling with the cold weather so we'll see how long before we have to set them free.

Prancis enjoying a grasshopper
Henry's love of bugs has overshadowed his love of cars for the time being (but he still loves cars too!). It has been fun to learn with him about all the different kids of insects, reptiles and amphibians he is intrigued by!
1 comment:
You are some kind of Mom, Libby! I don't know if I could do it...Thankfully, O is kind of grossd out by bugs, like his Mommy.
Post a Comment