Saturday, March 22, 2008
Date Day
Despite gloomy forecasts, we've been blessed with some intermittent sun the past week or so and today, Henry and I had a Date Day. We went up to the Portland Zoo (he is thrilled anytime we go to Portland) and I realized as we were zooming around there that it was the first time I had been without a stroller (what a concept)! The animals were in full swing and we even saw them feed the Polar Bears! After several fun filled hours and a train ride, we stopped in the Pearl District at Mio Gelato and had ourselves some delicious gelato and Pelligrino (this boy can't get enough bubbly water)! It was decadent and so special to have some one-on-one time with my boy. I tried to get a self-portrait of the two of us, but lets just say they didn't turn out too well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! I look forward to life without strollers-- although, where will I put all that 'just-in-case-X-happens' stuff without a stroller to stash it in? :)
backpack or messenger bag...
Libby, what a special thing to take Henry by himself for a day. You're a great Mommy!
Love,
Gigi
Post a Comment