Thursday, November 26, 2009

We did it!

The Turkey Trot was fantastic--though I would have preferred that it was not raining. It was a steady Oregon rain (a strong drizzle) and was in the mid-40's. The run was beautiful and challenging (there was an 1100 ft. elevation change--half up, half down) but we all did it (Carl deserves a big round of applause for taking all 3 kids and walking it) and I finished in 44:31--faster than I expected on the 4 mile course! The kids did not do the Tot Trot afterward because it was too cold (we didn't even give them the option). The Turkey Trot may very well become a family tradition each year!


Before the race


Carl and the gang before the race



The view of Washington Park (which we ran through for about 3.2 of the 4 miles)



After the race!

2 comments:

Abbey said...

You look great! Looks like everyone had fun, despite the weather. Maybe we should do a long run at our next CuzFest! :)

Rachel H said...

WHOO-HOO! Wow, do I admire you guys...not only for doing the run, but for doing it in that crummy weather. When the rainy 40's hit here, I am home-bound for sure!