Saturday, December 20, 2008

The week in review...

Our children like to arrive at our near extreme weather conditions. Henry was born just following a SEVERE ice storm in 2004, Ava was born on a day in July when it was 104 degrees, and Elyse was born just prior to the worst winter storm here in 30 years. As I type we've had snow on the ground for a week and currently everything is covered in a sheet of ice. It's made for a lot of good family time! Carl and Henry decorated a gingerbread house and the kids and I made Christmas cookies.

Elyse is a WONDERFUL baby. She is very sweet, sleeps a ton, and so far is a good eater too. Both Henry and Ava have adjusted very well (so far) and we have loved having Carl home this week.

Here are some photos to sum it all up!


The view down our street



Carl took the kids for a 'sled around the block'



Sweet, sleeping girl



I LOVE this one of Ava--it captures her spirit so well!



Not really loving her sponge bath, but what a cute little body that is!





Carl and Henry building a 'snow volcano'


Elyse snuggled by her Aunt Holly

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

What fun family times! I've been thinking about y'all, freezing your tails off!, as I watch the weather each morning.

I'm so glad Carl has been off for a bit during this transition time.

Elyse is such a yummy baby! I love the bath pic, her precious, newborn, tiny body.