Friday, December 12, 2008

Lest we not forget...

There are some memorable moments from this fall that I never got around to posting. However, I know if they don't get written down, I'll forget. So...

1. After starting with Henry's pet praying mantis, Prancis, we ended up with a total of 4 praying mantis pets: Prancis, Lucky Prancis, Gimpy Prancis (he only had one of his two front legs when we found him), and Mean Prancis (the only green one with a very bad temper). They stayed with us for several weeks until Gimpy and Prancis passed away (they generally die in early fall even in the wild) and Lucky Prancis laid an egg sac. Let me be clear that the egg sac pushed me over the edge and I demanded the release of Mean Prancis and insisted that Lucky and her egg sac be permanently moved outside. There are 700-1000 praying mantises in each egg sac. Too many for this mama. We await their hatching outside this Spring.

2. Some wonderful Ava words and phrases: bunt (for button), Old MacDonalds (her name for McDonalds), Oh! Sure I can (in response to most any request) unless she doesn't want to and then she says 'No, I'm too big...", I wanna see the big one (when we are changing a dirty diaper--Daddy's personal favorite).

3. Henry told me the other night as I was tucking him into bed that he wished he could be 4 forever, and I could be 33, Daddy could be 29, and Ava could be 2. Sometimes I wish that too buddy--and then you throw a massive tantrum and I can see the benefit of growing older too...

No comments: