Friday, October 17, 2008

Resting, resting...

For those of you who have wondered why my blogging has been so sporadic...

Well I had another ultrasound last Friday. It was originally scheduled for the 17th but I had some cramping on Wednesday and Thursday (Oct. 8th and 9th) and thought we should move it up. My doctor came in at the end (never a good sign as he works in a different area entirely from the radiology dept. where the ultrasound was) and not surprisingly informed me that my cervix was only 2.2 cm at 26 weeks (after being around 4 cm at 19 weeks). Anything less than 2 is a sure recipe for complete bedrest so he told me to take it easy (not a simple task with a 2 year old and a four year old). After being bummed out last weekend (Carl and I were supposed to attend the wedding of my dear friend, Kai, in Santa Barbara next weekend), I was much more upbeat this week and managed to not have cramping which was relieving. Needless to say I called the nurse to get the complete ultrasound results today as a radiologist had to read it and my appt. is not until Monday with my doctor. Elyse has an enlarged papillary heart muscle (which they assure me is not a big deal) but we were hoping it would be gone and it remains. Otherwise there is not too much to report other than I am still having many contractions (mostly Braxton-Hicks) a day (and have been since 21 weeks). If there is anything new to report after my appt. I will be sure to report it, but otherwise I am trying to manage life with as much rest as I can squeeze in. I am 28 weeks on Sunday which means she could at least be cared for at the NICU in Salem (should she need it). On the bright side, perhaps my body just does ALOT of prep early which is why I have such short labors. After all my pre-term labor scare with Ava (at 32 weeks--though I never had cramping) she ended up being induced at 39 weeks. That history helps me stay positive. Please keep us in your prayers! Here is the big bump at 27 weeks.



1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Praying for you and Elyse...and Carl and the kids. Bed rest is no fun, and I'm sure it's horrible with two little ones you want to play with. Hang in there!