Friday, September 30, 2011
Weeks 3 and 4
Well, sooner than I would have expected, illness has set in. We have all gotten a cold virus (some of us worse than others). We weren't so sick that I thought we could take a 'sick day' and not do any school but I did end up modifying things a bit as we went. It was nice to be able to have plenty of time for rest after our school days were done. I am enjoying all we are learning about ocean animals. The kids chose the topic and I am weaving it into several subjects for the first six weeks. At the end (in about 2 more weeks) we are taking a field trip to the aquarium and (if the weather is ok) to some tide pools. I do believe that homeschooling has both made my strengths and my shortcomings as a person and parent more apparent to me. I am humbled in seeing my shortcomings more clearly and can only pray that I can work to improve them each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment