Monday, June 14, 2010

18 months...and growing!







It is hard to believe that Elyse is already a year and a half old. It has been such fun watching her personality emerge more and more the past six months. She is a character and loves to play and be silly. I can only imagine the practical jokes she'll be pulling off in a few more years. She is fiercely independent--even more so than Ava (and that's saying something) though she loves to cuddle even more than the other two ever did. She started walking all the time at about 16 months and is a prolific climber. That said, she has only 3 words (mama, uh-huh, please) and one animal sound (cat). With that limited reperitoire, however, she can communicate most anything that she wants. We celebrated her 1/2 birthday by taking her to the carousel and she LOVED it--just like her big sister but with even more enthusiasm! Oh, if you could hear her squeal with delight at the sight of those horses going round and round! We love you sweet Elyse!

3 comments:

thesanders said...

Oh, my! She looks so much like Ava. I miss them.

The Edelbrocks said...

Your kids are adorable! Congrats on number 4!!

Abbey said...

Holy cow...thought the picture was of Ava. I was so confused and had to re-read and re-study the photo until I figured it out. Duh! Too cute!