Carl took Henry and Ava to Seattle (all by himself for 2 nights!). Elyse and I had a quiet time--long walks (without worrying about anyone running out into the street), organizing around the house, and...my semolina incident. I cleaned out our pantry and dumped an entire jar of semolina (flour for making pasta) down our drain. It expanded and exploded our pipes underneath the sink...semolina went everywhere (and so did the water). I had to bring the Shop Vac inside...never a good sign. Two and a half hours later I had it all cleaned up and pipes repaired. Who knew I had plumbing skills? Not I...
Anyway, Carl and the kids had an amazing time in Seattle and went to see many sights in the city including The Columbia Center (the tallest building in Seattle), The Space Needle, the Seattle Aquarium, the Science Center, St. James Cathedral and Pike's Place Market! They spent one night in a hotel downtown and another at Tim and Lissy Stuart's home (Tim was Carl's Best Man). They had an amazing time. They loved riding the monorail and thought it was so funny! Here is a video recap of their adventures....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful trip for Carl and the older kiddos. O and I loved watching the video!
So sorry your time at home was not as relaxing as you'd hoped. I can't believe you fixed the plumbing by yourself!! I would have been at my wit's end!
Post a Comment