Ava got a clean bill of heart health from the pediatric cardiologist on Wednesday. It seems her heart has not been affected at all and likely will not be. She'll have one more echo a year from now just to be sure and then she won't have to be seen again! Hooray! I am so relieved as I worried that all the inflammation I was seeing in her skin may somehow be related to inflammation elsewhere in her body.
The pediatric dermatologist appt. also went as well as can be expected. He gave us a 3 week topical treatment (at which time we'll see him again) as he believes she just has a horrible case of excema. His hypothesis is that the rash she has with the terrible virus this summer compromised the integrity of her skin and bathing and swimming (which we probably do once a week at my parents) have exacerbated the problem. His hope is that once we get it under control and give it some good time to heal and return to healthy skin that she will be fine. If she is still inflammed when we see him in 3 weeks then we will do a myriad of tests to rule out something more awful.
One of the sweetest moments was when the doctor left the room to do some analysis under the microscope and Henry looked at us and asked "Is Ava ok?". He was genuinely concerned and though a simple inquiry it shows the depth of his love for his sister.
So far she looks MUCH improved in only 2 days. I can hardly believe the difference. We'll see if she stays that way as we begin to taper off the treatment (each week we were instructed to halve the topical treatment). Thank you again to all her are keeping her (and us) in your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lib-I am so relieved to hear that all is well with Ava. I can't imagine how anxious that all must have made you feel. I'll keep praying for your sweet little girl! :)
Precious Henry almost has me in tears! What a sweetie!
Rejoicing with you!
Post a Comment