Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Un-decorating
We spent almost the entire New Years Day un-decorating from Christmas. As I vacuumed up virtually thousands of fir needles, I deduced that un-decorating is like giving birth in that you forget how hard it is so you are willing to do it again! There is so much excitement in putting things out, but not so much in putting them away (though I am grateful to have a corner of our great room back!). Henry was a big helper this year. Here are he and Carl loading the Tree into our recycling bin. I was a wonderful and very memorable holiday to cap off an amazing year...what incredible changes our children have gone through in the past twelve months! Ava is feeling much better and is learning new words everyday. Some of her newest favorites are uh-ohhh, snow (shnow), flower (fwow-wer), ti (for tiger), and fish (which sounds more like sish). Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment